Welcome to our section on Real Women – where we bring you stories of and conversations with real women who inspire us, who have changed lives through their entrepreneurial journeys and given back to the community.
Today, we have Namita Thapar, Executive Director at Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited and India Head of Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA! India). Namita drives the finance and HR departments along with overseeing India operations, and at YEA! India, she teaches entrepreneurship to those between 11 and 18 years of age. Join us as we talk about her entrepreneurial journey, being persistent and tackling “guilt management”.
1. We know Namita Thapar is a businesswoman and a YEA! India Founder. What is it that people don’t know about you?
2. Why are you doing what you’re doing, at Emcure?
3. The proudest moment in your career
4. Things that make you happy/smile
5. What are your 5 wardrobe staples? What’s your go-to style mantra?
My 5 essentials are heels, pantsuits, chunky necklaces or scarves and belts. I love shopping for pantsuits in different colours and styles; and feel most comfortable and confident when I am wearing them. I feel makeup is absolutely essential to give you a classy look.
6. What do you indulge in when you’re not working?
I love massages and believe that it is important for women to be selfish and pamper themselves.
7. Anything you would like to add?
Women are great at time management but terrible at guilt management. Get rid of that guilt TODAY.